Us

Us

Saturday, November 1, 2008

National Blogging Month!

Yesterday we ended the night by going to Wade and Paula's house to play some games and gawk(sp?) over Wyatt as usual!! While we were there Paula reminded me that November is National Blogging Month and that I needed to post EVERYDAY! (LOL) I remember her writing about it in one of her earlier posts but I've decided to give it a try. I'm going to start my field experience at Scera next Monday so I'm sure I'll have plenty to share each day!
Now time for some catch up with pictures:
For our anniversary we stayed a night at the Little America in Salt Lake. We stayed there for the beginning of our honeymoon as well. Adam kept telling me that we were going somewhere but would never tell me where or what I needed to pack! Now, for those of you that know me I have a hard time with surprises that I can't plan for.... I think it stems from my control freak side (and some wonder why I'm going to be a teacher...it's the perfect job for control freaks!!! ha ha ha). The poor kid had to endure questions for a week. I tried everything I could to get him to squeek but nothing worked. Finally, the day after our anniversary when we were supposed to go away on a "trip" I freaked out a little bit because I wanted to know how much money we were going to spend since Adam had told me were going to San Diego or maybe Mesquite or maybe Park City.... can you imagine my frustation..?! I know I'm such a dork. Back to the story, Adam let me be frustrated for a bit until he finally cracked and told me we were only going to Salt Lake. I really do have a wonderful husband! He puts up with so much from me.
Feeling bad about ruining the surprise a few hours early, I agreed to go shooting at a rifle range in Salt Lake. Here are some of the pictures.
Adam shooting his 22 ( or at least I think that is what it's called:)

Me shooting the same gun. It was so loud in there!

Shooting what I called the "war gun". It took Adam a good five minutes to convince me to shoot it. I was weary of it because it looked like a gun that you would use in a war. He was so excited to shoot it though and doubly excited when I agreed to shoot it a couple of times.

2 comments:

Candace said...

Hey, if its any consolation, I'm a control freak too, and the whole surprise trip would have had me a little anxious to say the least. I've never been to a shooting range before. How fun. Good luck with NaBloPoMo. I'm going to give it a try to.

Pauly said...

Keep it up girl. I will be here everyday so check!