Us

Us

Monday, November 24, 2008

Math has taken over my life.... so sorry

I'm positive that most of you have noticed that I haven't posted for almost two weeks now... well here is what has been happening during that time:) I loved teaching at Sera Park! My class is full of chatter boxes but they have so much energy and excitement that can be harnessed.... if I can do this then magical things will happen! (any suggestions?) Here are some of the funny and wacky things that happend during my field work:
We had a little boy run away from school in the morning. They found him at the mall a couple of hours later:)
We went to the Space Center and I have never been so exhausted in my life... except for the mission!!! Moral of the story- field trips are tiring.
My kids aced their pre-test about data analysis so I had to create a NEW one overnight.... that was a grueling task where I literally cut and pasted the problems I wanted to use from worksheets. (our house was full of scraps for a night:)
Most of them failed miserably on my second pre test and it made my day!!! Sounds funny, but I was happy to finally have something to teach.
Who knew that measuring the length of your foot could take sooooooooo long... only in 6th grade!
My first math lesson completely bombed and I came home telling Adam that I didn't know if I would ever be able to teach math...LOL The fourth math lesson went a lot better and I've decided to still pursue my degree (phew:)
I've never had so much fun singing silly songs to break up the day!
Things that I thought would take my kids a short time took forever and the things that I thought would take longer were over in a heart beat... how is that?
There are more that I'm sure I'm forgetting but at least it's a start!
I'll write more now that I'm done teaching math for a bit and my math project is almost finished:)

No comments: