Us

Us

Monday, November 3, 2008

The First Day of School

Today I started my field work at Scera Park and got to teach right away! Miss Greaves had to go to a meeting for most of the morning and asked me to teach the kids what they needed to know for a trip to the space center on Wednesday. Some of them couldn't quite remember who I was and others were excited to see me back! They are quite the lively batch of students but it'll be fun to harness all of the energy:)
As I was walking down the halls I couldn't help but feel my mom by my side. I get that feeling every so often and cherish it in my heart. I am gaining an appreciation for all she did in the classroom as I see what it really required of her. My dad, Brooke, the kids, my grandma Joyce and I went to the cemetery and placed some daisies and sunflowers on Briana and my mom's grave. It was nice to be together. I also spent some time over at Brooke's playing with the kids. I love being around them, not just because they are fun and adorable, but because I know that my mom is there playing with us. She loves her grandkids and I'm sure she doesn't want to miss a day of their lives:)

3 comments:

McRachie said...

Good Luck Jamie! I'm glad the perspective of the gospel can play such a wonderful role in your life!

Pauly said...

You go girly! So Are you done working at Dixon?

Brooke said...

I love that pic of you three. Those kids love you so much! Thanks for being their favorite auntie!