Us

Us

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Bah... I missed some days


I'm really going to try and make up for missing a few days with about three new posts:) My 6th grade class has been awesome!! They get a little chatty at times but they are a lot of fun! Miss Greaves has actually had me teaching almost every day so it has helped me to build connections with the kids! We had a field trip yesterday to the Christa McAulliffe Space Center in PG. We had prepared them for a couple of days for their "mission" on the Star Trek Voyager and were happy to see them perform with flying colors! If you haven't been to the Space Camp at Central Elementary School you should really plan a trip! They put you in a simulator where you and your crew have to complete a mission. You run the ship and your decisions really do make a difference! I had been there before with some friends in college so it wasn't my first time. Yet, because I came as a "teacher" they let me stay in the control room and see how things work behind the scenes. It was awesome! One thing I did learn was that field trips are not relaxing at all. I was more tired after a full day field trip than a full day of teaching!

No comments: