Plans for the summer: Adam and I are going to try and go to Vegas, since Adam has never been there!... shocked? I know, I was too. Don't ask him about it though because he'll tell you about how his family dropped him off at the MTC and then took off to Vegas without him:). We are also going to Seattle to visit Brooke and Andrew July 9th-13th! I'm so stinking excited! I call Brooke almost everyday to discuss what we'll do when we're there! I'm also thrilled that I get to see Bacon and Parker as well! No other plans so far though.
We had a date night tonight that was lots of fun! We ate at Outback Steakhouse, where I thoroughly enjoyed my sweet potato and Adam had some good steak (he prefers GoodWood BBQ but they don't have sweet potatoes:). Afterwards we made a quick stop to Costco and then saw "What Happens in Vegas". I must admit that I was worried it might be a little racy but it was really good and surprisingly pretty clean. It was like a cute, almost clean romantic comedy! Now we are watching the Jazz game..... boooooo.... I keep trying to tell Adam that he needs to remember that we are playing the LAKERS and so most everything isn't going to be fare. Does anyone else agree with me?
For a report from last weekend, here goes my condensed version of the story:
- We went to Evanston to visit Tress and Kevin. Wade and Paula came too.
- After we got there we ate a quick dinner and then immediately went out into the country to shoot at clay pigeons. I shot a couple of times and even hit one (!) but mostly I was loading the thrower, and very happy about it.
- We got ice cream cones from McDonald's and I must say that you that if you've never been to the McDonald's in Evanston you need to stop by! They have like 6 plasma tv's, even in the bathroom, and four or five wall fountains. In a word... it's very classy.
- We went to church. I made it through RS okay because they didn't talk about mothers too much but then came Sunday School. About five minutes into it one of the elderly bretheren in the ward passed out and had a mild heart attack. It reminded me of Briana falling over and I started to cry. Blah, the ambulance came, took him away and then the teacher announced that he wasn't going to teach anymore but wanted us all to share about our mothers. You can guess how that went for me....:( I made it until he mentioned that even though his mother had passed on years before, he could still honor her and wanted to know how we could do the same...... blah blah blah Adam and I left and he just let me cry it out and eat some of the chocolates I'd gotten in RS:). He's a great hubby and I'm so thankful that he'll always be there! I miss my mom everyday but the Lord has blessed me with Adam and many others to help when times get tough...
- The rest of the day was fun. We had a picnic for Tress and then played horse shoes. I did pretty well and Paula and I won over Wade and Adam! Props to Paula for being 7 months pregnant at the time!
Not much else to report on but life is good and I'll continue my job hunting! Wish me luck!