Us

Us

Sunday, May 4, 2008

A Quarter Of A Century!

As most of you know, it was my 25th birthday on Wednesday and a wonderful one at that! I flet like the whole week was a celebration! Last Sunday we had two ice cream and cake appointments at my grandma's and my dad's. Then on Tuesday Adam took me to dinner at the Tango House for a what I thought would be a dinner for just the two of us. When we got there I figured out it was a surprise party because Lisa and her boyfriend were there and my sister was pulling into the parking lot:). Everyone else showed up a few minutes after that and we had a great time waiting forever for the food and enjoying good conversation! I've never had a surprise party in all my twenty five years but I'm so grateful to have such a loving and thoughtful husband who takes care of me and makes me happier each day!

On my birthday, Wednesday, Adam and I made chicken and rice, had Paula and Wade over for cake and ice cream and then headed out to find me a cardigan and an ipod charger. Thursday we met my dad, kathy, her kids, brooke and the kids, and coray and his family for dinner at JCW's in American Fork. The burger was pretty good and the shake was even better! Friday Brooke and I went shopping with the kids to find some new skirts for Tanner's wedding. Finally on Saturday we went out to dinner with our friends Cody and Chelsea at La Vigna in American Fork. It was a week of celebrating and lots of fun! As I was pondering my century status, I thought I would put down some of the things I have accomplished these past twenty five years and also what I plan to do in the next twenty five years! Here goes....

What I've done:
  • Graduated High School
  • Member of Seminary Council
  • Spent one night a weekend babysitting Briana (what cherished time it was!!!)
  • Donated blood at the Red Cross
  • Served a mission in Spain
  • Learned to play the piano
  • Married Adam in the Bountiful Temple
  • Received a 4.o each semester of my education program!
  • Attended BYU-Idaho and UVSC
  • Spent time with my mother
  • Traveled to Spain with my parents
  • Been involved in my wards
  • Traveled to many places in the States, Canada, Mexico, the Carribean and Spain
  • Helped with Habitat for Humanity

Things I plan on doing:

  • Graduate from UVSC with my bachelor's in Elementary Education
  • Teach 6th grade somewhere in Utah
  • Obtain a Master's degree from UVU in Multicultural Education and ESL
  • Have four or so kids.. we'll see how many actually come:)
  • Support my husband through nursing and his masters degree
  • Maintain my certification and teach after my kids are older
  • Travel back to Africa and Spain
  • Raise my children
  • Buy a home
  • Go on a Mediterranean cruise
  • Strengthen my testimony of the gospel
  • Do 100% visiting teaching every month
  • Be involved in the Gang prevention program throught the district
  • etc.....

5 comments:

Pauly said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Look at all the greatness you have achieved already!!!
Amazing!

Carlie: said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I'm glad to hear that you had a great week. Yes, we are DEFINITELY DEFINITELY stopping in Utah to see you guys. My cousin just moved to Provo, so we are going to visit her as well. I can't wait. Thanks for keeping us in your prayers - miss you mucho!

Janet Stevens said...

Happy Birthday Jamie!!

Lauren said...

Well aren't you a smarty pants :) I had no idea! That is totally awesome. Those are some great accomplishments and some fabulous goals. Makes me think I need to sit down and evaluate what I would like to do in the coming years of my life. Happy Birthday. Should have called us we would have loved to meet you at JCW's. We will have to do it some other time. Love ya!

Lauren said...

I love your goals, and congrats on your birthday and all of those awesome accomplishments! 4.0?! You ROCK!