Us

Us

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

In Memory of My Mom

Here is a poem I wrote tonight in my ESL Methods class. Hope you like it.

My Mom's Hands

They held me when I wanted to cry
and scolded me when I tried to lie.
They lightly tickled my ears at night
and helped me count my years just right.
I miss them running through my hair
or waving goodbye to me in the air.
Their shape was perfect in every way
and were always there when it was time to pray.
They shaped my life through service and love
and continue to do so from up above.
Now when I look at my hands I see
the person my mother always wanted me to be.

Love you mom and will always strive to be that person!

5 comments:

Heath & Ege said...

Wow I loved it! Gave me the chills! How are you doing girl?

Candace said...

Wow, I didn't know you wrote poetry! That was really good; I loved it.

Pauly said...

Jamie,

that was beautifully written. It makes me miss your mom though I never met her. I feel like I have through the things you share about her and by the love I can feel when you talk about her.

CarrieAnne said...

That was wonderful James. I sure miss talking to you. LOVE YOU!

Camie and JD said...

That is beautiful!