Us

Us

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Happy Birthday Banana Boat!


Today would be Briana's 24th birthday. We had the usual grilled cheese sandwich, french fries and chocolate milk. Oh how I miss my little family... one day we'll all be together again and I can't wait for that day! We had so much fun together and Briana made our days that much better. I'm grateful that I had Bri for 16 years and that we'll also be together for eternity. Here are some of my memories of her:
"What name?"
Writing on the back seat of the Durango
Mimicking Tickle me Elmo
Taking your spot as soon as you stood up
Calling chancey over to her
Seeing her underneath her blanket, like a teepee, every morning
Being so excited for school
Cutting our coupons!
Making her own recipes
Nawing on the cheese
Eating a stick of butter
Letting me paint her nails
Watching Barney a trillion times
Taking her to soccer games at the high school so I would have someone to sit with:)
Having one weekend night with her for the last year of her life.
Being able to feel the Spirit whenever she was close
Singing primary songs
Say party.... "party" on.... "on dude".
There are many more but I must get to bed. I want to invite other people to leave their memories as well! I'm so excited to read them.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

1. Winnie the Pooh. She loved Winnie the Pooh. We went to the festival of trees tonight and there was a Pooh Bear tree and I immediately thought of Bri.
2. Saying "Amen" to let Grandpa know it was time to wrap the prayer up and fast.
3. She loved to watch the family videos Kim made. I guess she thought it was cool to see her family on the TV.

Becky Ahlberg said...

Playing duck,duck, goose in Grandma's backyard.
When she would sit on you if she wanted your spot on the couch! (She didn't always wait until you stood up.)
Motioning with her finger and saying "Come ere."
The way she moved her hair out of her eyes.
If you would say the word "party" she would want to know where the cake was.
How she would know what member of your family was missing at an event and would repeatedly ask where they were.
How she could meet someone once and never forgot his/her name.
But most of all she exemplified unconditional love.

The Brannon Family said...

-I'm going to the store and I am gonna buy... a loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick a butter...
-I too was going to say she didn't always wait for you to get up if she wanted your seat. She would often just sit on top of you!
-She always wanted to know who gave you your ring. She would ask grandma over and over again, even though she knew it was Grandpa.
-She would sing and perform in the Barney microphone at Grandmas. She was quite the showgirl!
-She was always sneaking into the kitchen to get a snack!
-She loved Barney!
-She would get so excited about things, she would just shake! She couldn't contain her excitement!
-You couldn't tell her about a party or a vacation until about 30 mins before or she would continually ask when it would start! No patience!

idaho amy said...

I remember Briana...

...playing "Celebrity Password" with us. She would just make up the names on the papers she would pull out of the bowl and she had us all in stitches!:)

...clapping after Keaton was baptized. I think Jackson said, "Good job, Keaton," while Briana clapped. What a great way to celebrate his baptism!

...being Mary in our family Christmas navitivy scenes on Christmas Eve. She played Mary like no one else could!:)

...eating the huge leaves we picked at the Provo Temple grounds. She got to the leaves on the ride home and I was so worried they might make her sick or worse. Much to my relief, she made it through without any problems!

I am sure there are more that will pop into my mind, but what a girl Briana was! Sending love to you, Briana, for your birthday and always!