Us

Us

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Most mornings...


You will find me and Steven on the couch trying to get some extra sleep:)

We are still working on sleeping longer but he is now up to about 5 hours during the night. He will put himself to sleep in the crib, which I'm grateful for, and is downing 5 oz. each feeding. Although its looking like we are going to be moving closer to 6 oz sooner than later. We visited the doctor last week and Steven is now 12 lbs. 8 oz (although I'm sure we've surpassed 13 lbs since last week). We found out that he has laryngomalacia (when the supraglottic larynx (the part above the vocal cords) is tightly curled) and that is the cause for his "cute" squeaking:). The doctor said that it is common in first born males and that as long as it doesn't impede his eating or breathing, he will grow out of it within the first year. If it becomes severe then they'll have to do surgery but for right now everything is looking alright.
Steven has also started to find his voice! He jabbers at me most of the morning and is smiling more and more. He loves his swing and babbles at the little animals above him all the time! Fun story from last week: I was holding him while talking to my sister on the phone one morning and Steven decided he needed more attention. He stopped sucking on his binky, let go of it a little and made the sweetest coo's at me! I loved it! We sure do love our little man and are excited to bless him this Sunday!
Here are some more pictures from the last couple of weeks.


Hanging out with Grandpa Dale


Playing with his cousin, Duncan.


Smiling at Great Grandma Joyce.


Sitting with Dad.

5 comments:

Shelli said...

He is so cute. One of the best parts of having your baby is sleeping with them whenever you want. Enjoy it!
Thanks for stopping by the other day! I wish we could have visited longer. He is so adorable!
We won't be able to make it to the blessing, but I hope that it is a wonderful day.

CarrieAnne said...

I am pretty sure we could have similar couch pictures! All I do is sit and sleep on the couch! You are lucky that he will fall asleep on his own, Nathan definitely will not! Call me soon!

Pauly said...

he is so big! i can't believe it! Can't wait to squish his rolls!

He is totally cute. he isnt helping with my baby hunger!

idaho amy said...

Looks like you are having fun with your cute little guy! Hope you have a special day on Sunday for his blessing!

Lauren said...

He is so cute! I can't believe how much he looks like Adam. WOW! How is Adam's hand or finger or whatever he has wrapped up so massively in that pic :) ? I am excited to see the little guy tomorrow!