Us

Us

Sunday, June 19, 2011

10 years


Friday, June 17th, marked 10 years ago that my little sister Briana passed away unexpectedly. I still can't believe it. She was such a HUGE part of our lives and when she was gone, everything changed. She brought such an abundance of the Spirit into our lives and we never knew how good we had it until she was gone.
Briana, I miss you like crazy! My heart aches every time I see people with mental handicaps but I also get some warm fuzzies as I remember you :). Parker kept asking us to tell him stories about you this past Saturday and it was so much fun to see his excitement as he kept asking for more and more! I can't wait until Steven is old enough to understand where you are and how much you affected my life! Give mom a hug for me and keep making Steven laugh!

Love always, Jamie D.

1 comment:

idaho amy said...

I am so glad you posted about Briana! There have been times when I have seen a family dealing with a child with disabilities that has totally brought Briana to mind. Those times have made me think of you and your family and the love and care that you gave to Briana, and then of the loss of suddenly losing her. I still remember my mom calling me the day that she died--Tyler was setting up Jake's crib. It is crazy to think that it was 10 years ago... When I think of Briana I think of her asking about every member of the family, of her eating the fall leaves we had picked up at the Provo Temple one afternoon (that was actually a little scary, but she survived), of her sitting in the middle of the floor pretending to play password at Becky's, of her brushing back her hair from her face, of her loving every moment of life. Sending love to you, Briana :)