Us

Us

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

8 years ago today...


My little sister Briana left us and went to live with our Heavenly Father. It was one of the saddest days of my life but I rejoice in the knowledge and testimony that I have of the plan of salvation. Jesus Christ has made it possible through the atonement for us to be together again and live forever. My life was forever changed but for the good. In memory of my sister, we are going to the temple tonight to do her work. Here are a few pictures of her. You'll notice in a couple of the pictures that Briana has her arms around Brooke and I. To me it symbolizes more than just a hug but a sweet reminder that she is keeping us all together. Even though our lives were stressful at the time, Briana was the one keeping us all together. I truly miss experiencing the pure love of Christ on a daily basis because that is what Briana gave us everyday.

The three girls together
Our little family!

Camping

I love you Bri. Hope you and Mom are having a great day and we'll see you later tonight!

5 comments:

Brooke said...

Great, now I'm crying.(: I was looking through pictures today and I noticed that in almost every picture of us Briana has her arms around us, hugging us close. I know she still has her arms around us and I can't wait until we can embrace her again.

idaho amy said...

What a sweet tribute to Briana! I didn't realize that you were going to do her temple work--what a wonderful experience that will be! I will be thinking of you! I actually went to the temple early this morning and was thinking about your mom and Briana! I remember how much your mom loved being in the temple and I always feel close to her there.

And on a side note, remember when I took Briana, Brooke and you to the Provo Temple grounds one Sunday afternoon and we picked up a bunch of big leaves that had fallen to the ground, and while driving home Briana decided to eat them??? What a spunky girl!:)

Courtney said...

Wow, that post managed to be sad and happy all at the same time. I admire you for how strong you are to have to lose two of your best friends. Have a beautiful time at the temple tonight. Lots of love to you!

Lauren said...

That was awesome Jamie! I love seeing all of those pictures. I hope tonight was an incredible experience for all of you and that you felt your mom and Bri with you, because I am sure they were there and that Bri couldn't be prouder of her big sisters.

Becky Ahlberg said...

What a nice tribute to Bri! She was a happy, silly, fun girl who loved everyone. I talked to Grandma Tate yesterday, and she said that the temple was wonderful. I'm sure your mom and Bri were there with you. Your mom always loved the temple. What a wonderful way to honor Briana!