Us

Us

Thursday, July 17, 2008

My Heart Belongs in Seattle (Complete with Pictures Galore!)

As most of you already know, from Brooke's post, Adam and I flew to Seattle last week and spent Wednesday thru Sunday with the Barnes! It was such a fun vacation and it was awesome to see Brooke, Andrew and especially Parker and Makenna! We went to the Northwest Wildlife Trek where we saw animals and experienced one of the worst allergy attacks yet to happen this summer. We also got to eat at the Space Needle and see the Woodland Park Zoo. For the last couple of days we had quite the fiasco getting to Friday Harbour, Pike Street and Snoqualmie Falls but what is a vacation without some unplanned mishaps! Now for the fun part... here are some of the pictures we took with commentary underneath: (Honestly, we know that you don't care as much about what I write compared to what pictures I put up:)

Adam, Parker and me as catepillars in Woodland Park Zoo
I love this picture because I can see that Adam will be a great dad!!

Parker was not so happy to be at the top of the Space Needle

Our second day there, Parker pulled me into his room to show me his pet store!! It was too cute to not take a picture of!

Dying of allergies while trying to get Makenna to smile at the Northwest Trek!

A small glimpse of what it was like to hike down to Snoqualmie Falls.

An awesome picture that Andrew took at the base of the falls.

Seagulls more than happy to snatch a french fry from Ivars!

On Pike Street! I love open markets and Makenna's face in this picture!

Parker all ready to go into Seattle for the day!

Sweet Princess Makenna patiently waiting for the tire to get fixed:)

The stray cat that wanted to play while we waited for the men to change the tire!

On Saturday we were all ready to go to Pike Street but when we came out we found a very flat tire on the Envoy... Adam and Andrew were nice enough to change the tire while we waited!

The sunset on the Pudget Sound from a kayak.

Adam and I kayaking in the Pudget Sound of of the San Juan Islands.

Finally arriving at Friday Harbour!

Adam's African Savannah right in the middle of Seattle (aka the Zoo)

Way up high at the Space Needle Observation Deck!








4 comments:

Brooke said...

Will you send me those pictures of the kids you took? They are cute ones! I'm so glad that you guys came out to see us. I don't think I would have made it to end of the summer without seeing you and Parker and Makenna loved it! Love you!

Brooke said...

[This is Andrew]

That's a sweet shot of me and the seagull! It was tons of fun having you guys out. I'm offended that you made no mention of Sadie though, J/K.

Collette Jeffs said...

I didn't for the widget to land on that blog. I noticed it when Marget was on the other day, opps. Anyways, trust me when I say I wasn't bragging, I am just trying to figure out how many days I have left to prepare. The dreams have started, the ones about not being prepared :).

Candace said...

Looks like you had a fabulous vacation. Glad you had fun. The falls look amazing. So beautiful. It would have been so much fun to go with you! Oh wait a minute....we weren't invited. Ha ha, JK