Us

Us

Monday, March 14, 2011

Every blanket carries a story...

Every Blanket carries with it a story, whether it's homemade or bought. Here are some of the blankets that we have received for our little boy and the stories that go with them.

Blanket from Mom


I have really wanted a blanket from my mom, but seeing that the spirit world doesn't have Fedex, that was not going to happen. Then, as usual, Heavenly Father sent a tender mercy our way. Six years ago, my mom and Aunt Amy were at the fabric store when my mom found some fabric that she wanted to use to make my nephew, Parker (who was yet to be born), a blanket. Amy liked the fabric as well and decided to buy the same fabric and make it for her son Jake. She never ended up making that blanket. Six years later Amy used that same fabric to make me the same blanket as Parker's. I couldn't have asked for a more tender mercy than this one, that started 6 years ago. I snuggle with that blanket quite often and it brings comfort to the void that still aches for my mom. Thank you Amy! Words cannot express how this blanket touches my life and will touch the life of our sweet baby boy.

Tress' blanket


Again, Tress found this fabric before we were even pregnant and decided that it reminded her of Adam. She started making it before we found out we were having a boy and crossed her fingers that she would be able to give it to us soon. She spent a lot of time on it and kept us in suspense for months. After much anticipation we finally got it and we love it! It fits our little boy perfectly!

The fish blanket


As most of you know, Adam carried this fabric with him for 20 minutes before I consented to buy it and make a blanket. After a few trips to the store we finally found binding that matched. Although I'm not sure it will make many pubic debuts, I've grown to like it and Adam has grown to love it even more!

5 comments:

Candace said...

Doesn't look like you'll be hurting for blankets. What a blessing for you to have an exact replica of the blanket your mom made for Parker.

The Brannon Family said...

This little boy will be wrapped up in love, that is for sure!

Lauren said...

I don't think the fish blanket is that bad. Not many dad's pick out fabric to make a blanket for their sons. I am betting it will make many public debuts because it will be his favorite one and he will have to take it EVERYWHERE :) (just your luck huh Jamie :)

Camie and JD said...

I love that story of the first blanket! How nice to have that, tender mercies are the best!

Dawn said...

I love all the stories behind the blankets. So Sweet. :)