Us

Us

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Celebration?



So, if you've looked at my facebook account or talked to me in person you have already heard part of this story, but if you haven't here it goes. After I turned in my Senior Portfolio Adam and I decided to go to Tucanos to celebrate. I have always loved going there and Adam had never been so it seemed like a good fit. We got there at 8:00 PM and were very hungry. Of course we started with the salad and hot bar while we waited for the meat to come around. Adam got a salad and a got farfalla, beans and rice. The waitress brought us our drinks and we were all set for the meat until Adam discovered some extra protein in his salad. Was it a fly, a worm, a bug...? Nope, it was a spider! A real live spider a little smaller than a dime. I guess they really wanted to make their Brazilian food authentic:) The waitress was there when we discovered our little friend and took Adam's plate to her manager. She came back a few minutes later and told us that they were going to "comp our meal". Actually that isn't what happened. You would think that it is standard protocol but apparently not at Tucanos. They offered us a free dessert and my mouth almost dropped. Now, since Adam and I aren't super loud we accepted their offer and just didn't go back to the salad bar. I was very disappointed but didn't want to make a scene. The story doesn't end there.
We got home around 9 and that is when my troubles continued. My stomach felt really rumbly but I attributed it to all of the meat I had eaten. Not so. Let's just say I had to go to the bathroom about every 15 minutes. I took some medicine and thought that would solve the problem. It helped for a few hours until I woke up at 1 AM and barfed up everything that was in my stomach. It was disgusting and I was as well. I'm pretty sure that I had food poisoning and life was not good most of the night. I ended up sleeping again the next morning from 10 am until 5 pm. Needless to say, I don't think I will be going back to Tucanos for a very long time.

1 comment:

Janet Stevens said...

Yikes! Never been there. Probably won't ever go!