Us

Us

Monday, March 23, 2009

For you, Mom

Even though I had to pay $10 to get the orange sign for my mom, it was worth it!
After running the race and relaxing at Brooke's house!
My trainer from the mission, Heidi, called me last Friday night and asked if I wanted to run the Rex Lee 5K the following morning. I decided it would be an adventure, since Adam was going to be gone golfing, even though I hadn't run a 5K since my junior year of High School:) We got there early and it was pretty chilly! I ended up walk/running the race but I decided that was okay because that is probably what my mom would have done too. I really enjoyed the entire experience and was grateful to do something in honor of my mom! I plan on doing this every year that I can so if you want to join me next March, you are more than welcome! I love you Mom and know you're always around!

4 comments:

Collette Jeffs said...

I have never run that race, but have always wanted to so count me in :). You are a champ!!

Lauren said...

Awesome Jamie! I don't know why but last year when our whole family did the Race for the Cure it felt empowering, like I actually went out and did something instead of just sitting around talking about how bad cancer sucks. I think the experience brought our family closer together, we all ran/walked in remembrance of Sylvia it was cool.

The Brannon Family said...

Jamie, I am so proud of you! I totally want to do it next year.

Janet Stevens said...

Way to go Jamie!! You rock!