Us

Us

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Beefs

So, lately I've been thinking about "beefs". Before my mom and sister died I used to carry grudges more than I should have (which was not good) but after I lost them I began to realize that it's just not worth the time and effort it takes to hold a grudge against someone and it doesn't make life any better. As most of you know I had a friend who had a "beef" with me over a trip we took last year and to this day they still refuse to talk to me. All those years of friendship wasted over a disagreement over $20 and a hotel, when we could have just sat down and talked it over. So here is my ranting and advice (not to exonerate me from beefs I have and have had) to "Beef" holders:
A. Get over it and talk to them about it. You're not going to get an award in the afterlife for being the "Best Beef Holder".
B. Being rude or short with them is what second graders do.
C. Holding "beefs" doesn't make you or them a better person.
D. It's okay to admit that you weren't completely in the right. No one, on either side of the beef, is ever completely in the right because we can always do something better.
Thanks for listening to my babbling and I hope that we can all let our "Beefs" go so that we don't miss out on the relationships we could have enjoyed!

No comments: