Us

Us

Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Best Dog Ever



A few days before Christmas we had to put down our dog Chancey. It all started at the beginning of December when we noticed that she was getting skinnier. A few weeks passed and she was even skinnier than before. We finally went to the vet and found out that she had lost 30 pounds in two weeks. The vet did some tests and decided that her liver was failing. He told us that she would continue to get worse and that it was our choice to either let her die in a few weeks or put her down. It was a pretty emotional decision. We've had her for 14 years and she has really become part of our family. She's also one of the last living things that I have from life with my mom. It was really hard but she was in pain and would just get worse. I still look for her when I go outside but I'm comforted thinking that she is with my mom and sister playing around. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.