Us

Us

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Remembering and Celebrating

November and December are always a little somber and reflective with the holidays, my mom and Briana's birthdays and my mom's passing. I guess I should be grateful that it is all rolled up into a couple of months rather than spaced out. Yet, even though there is reason to be gloomy I still find reason to celebrate. I celebrate the life they both lived and how intimately connected I am to both of them. They may not be right here in front of my face but they are always there. My family was and still is one of the greatest blessings in my life. I celebrate the times we had together, the memories and lessons learned. Now my "family" is different but that doesn't take away from what I knew and loved for 23 years. I wish that my Adam could have met my mom and Briana but I feel so grateful when I get the chance to tell him a funny story or cry about something I remember. It is a time of sweet tenderness, with some tears, when I get the chance to tell someone about my mom and sister. How grateful I am for the gospel that has taught me to take a time of sadness and turn it into something sweet. Love you Mom and Bri.
Mom's grave
Sunflowers

Briana's Grave with Sunflowers

1 comment:

Janet Stevens said...

Nice photos, Jamie. Enjoyed your post. Love you!