Us

Us

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I can hardly believe it


It has been three years since I last heard my mother's voice. I can still remember and hear her voice vividly in my mind. You just never realize how endearing your mother's voice is until you can't hear it anymore. All I have are the memories of things she has said to me and I do my best to think about how she would say things when I need her advice. In honor of her I'm going to list some of the sayings that were "hers" that come to me when I need them. :)

-Tough Titty said the kitty when the milk went dry. (I never realized the literal meaning of that until last year and can't believe my mom said that to us:)

-Skiwompus (I still say this to my students when things are crooked)

-Time to get up (She would sing this in the morning.... how I hated it back then and how long to hear it now)

- It'll all work out in the end (someday right?.... )

- You're being silly Jamie (I remember that one a lot)

- Did you finish your homework? ( .......... I think you can figure out that she said that daily)

- Jamie put your dishes/shoes away! (I'm getting better. I don't leave them for days anymore)

- Have you found a job yet? (Every summer and semester that I procrastinated finding one)

- You'll find someone someday. (I did!!!!!)

- Guckies (said for anything you shouldn't put in your mouth)

- I love you Jamie D. (My favorite)

The years continue to pass by but my memories remain with me.

5 comments:

Lauren said...

I have been thinking of you and Brooke today. I LOVE it when you guys share memories of your mom. It helps me remember her better. You are both incredible girls with so much strength your mom would be SOOOOOO proud. And we are so blessed to have the knowledge of the gospel so that we can know without a doubt that "It will all work out in the end." Love you!

Courtney said...

Sweetie, that made me tear up. That is a wonderful memoir to your mother, as is the way that you live your everyday life. Thanks for your example and your strength. Lots of Love xxxx

Shelli said...

You guys have been in my prayers this week. It was fun to read about your mom. I hope you did something fun this week to celebrate the wonderful person that she is.

Janet Stevens said...

Loved this post, Jamie! I can still hear her voice, too. The kids and I have been talking about her this week. Lots of good memories of Aunt Stephy! Love you!

Camie and JD said...

Man I just got done crying reading that! Thanks for sharing that, I can only imagine not hearing my mother's voice and not having her there with me when I need advice. you are strong my friend!!