Us

Us

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Here pig, pig, pig, pig.....


That's right. I'm quarantined to my house until Wednesday. I have the H1N1 flu but it actually wasn't that bad for me. I mean I feel really congested and achy but my fever stayed under control and I never had to throw up (sorry if that was too much info for some of you:). Not to say that I want to have the Swine flu ever again, but I really hate feeling nauseated, so I'll take the body aches and congestion. The one downer is that I can't teach until Wednesday because I might still be contagious. I feel well enough to teach but the doctor told me that I have to use my sick days. I really, really, really didn't want to but Adam keeps reminding me that I can't be selfish and put other people at risk. I made up my sub plans, took my mask with me and headed to my school. It only took me about an hour to get all of my copies done and the classroom ready for my subs. On a positive note, I will have lots of time on Monday and Tuesday to catch up on grading and get some other units ready to go.
On a funny and slightly ironic note, I was checking my email and found an email from my Grandpa Tate about how to prevent the H1N1 flu, on the day that my symptoms really started to show. Funny... and if you received the same email make sure that you follow those instructions:) I had three students out with the swine flu a couple of weeks ago, so I either got it there or some random place. Who knows. Wash your hands and drink plenty of fluids people.

6 comments:

CarrieAnne said...

No fun! make a fun craft or watch lots of movies. that will help! Love you girl...or hey, write me an email!

McKenna Dutcher said...

OHH MY GOSH!!!! YIKES!!!! I am really sad that I am not there to come and take care of you! ;-) although, im sure adam is doing a great job! still... I hope that you get feeling better soon! Miss you mucho!

brooke said...

Awww I heard!! I'm really sad you missed Wade & Paula's yesterday. The marbles game got pretty intense though, it's probably good you guys didn't have to see that. I hope you get feeling better though! When you do we should do something :)

The Brannon Family said...

Enjoy the time! Work will always be there. Hope you feel better soon!

Carlie: said...

Sorry to hear you are sick with H1N1! In some ways I'm terrified of getting sick because then I have to have sub plans...but I secretly would love to just stay at home and not have to worry about work (even if I had a fever/headache, etc!)

Feel better soon!

McRachie said...

I hope you are feeling better soon Jamie!