Us

Us

Monday, January 7, 2008

A New... Yet Challenging Calling

Adam and I are the new Sunday school teachers for the 12-13 year olds! We've been teaching for a couple of weeks now and I've realized that it's a lot harder than I thought it would be. They are bright and very excited kids but they also have a hard time keeping their talking to a minimum. I assume that it is due to the fact that Adam and I are only about ten years older than they are and so they aren't so afraid of us...... but maybe not. Week after week it's getting better and they are learning that you have to be quiet in order to actually talk about the gospel together:) At first I told Adam that we weren't going to give them candy as a reward... but after two weeks that resolve has weakened and we gave them candy if they read the scriptures that they had been assigned. I guess there are worse things to do, right? HA HA HA

3 comments:

Janet Stevens said...

Love the new look of your blog, Jamie! Glad to hear you are doing well! Tell Adam hello! Love you! Janet

Carlie: said...

How fun that you two get to teach together! I am currently in Primary teaching the 3-4 year olds! It's SUCH a challenge. They have a ridiculous amount of energy...and I totally bribed them with cupcakes last week. What can ya do?? Miss you!

Brooke said...

At least you have a calling! (: I've been in our new ward for 4 months and still don't have one! Maybe they hear Makenna crying so much in church that they figure I have my hands full with my little princess!