Us

Us

Sunday, January 26, 2014

A Grateful Heart

As I was scrolling through my Facebook feed today, I saw a link to an article about a little 3 year old boy that was killed in a car crash last night.  My heart aches for that family and causes me to feel a deep sense of gratitude that my little ones went relatively unscathed in our accident last week.

 I'm grateful for…

  • the 5 AM snuggles when we just don't want to sleep in our own bed. 
  • the "I'm hungry mom" right before meal times.
  • the giggles and squeals when they're playing together.
  • the "Mommy your home!" shouts when I get home from teaching.
  • the tugs on my pant legs while I'm getting ready in the bathroom.
  • the sprints to keep Noah from hurting himself across the room.
  • the "I'm sorry mom" and sweet I love you's from my two year old.
  • the tupperware strewn all over the kitchen floor.
  • the messes that are made when I get "help" making something.
  • the adorable smiles when I get them up in the morning or from naps.
  • the toys that I can never seem to stay on top of.
  • the food that can constantly be found on the floor by the kitchen table.
  • the screaming when I leave the room or get out of sight.
  • the sound of "crashing" from cars, trucks, trains and tractors.
  • the crying when they wake up from naps.
  • the excitement when we get him from nursery and the crying when we leave.
  • the mound of poopy diapers that my children produce.
  • the splashes during bath time.
  • the sticky table tops.
  • the stroke of little hands caressing my face.  
  • the crumbs all over my couches at the end of the day.
  • all of these things because they mean I still get to see them in the morning.


I realize that some of the things that I find annoying or tedious are such precious memories in my heart. Future memories could be taken away in a moment and I'm grateful for the memories of my children that I have and for one more day to be with them.  I'm grateful it's not my time to say goodbye for a time and that I get to hug and kiss them tonight before bed.  Even through the crazy times and when it feels like I'm at my whits end, I wouldn't trade them for anything!  

5 comments:

Pauly said...

Lovely post jamie. Knowing your babies are yours and safe is such a gift.

Aleesha Burke said...

Loved it! Been wanting to check in and see how you are doing! Love you guys!

Adam Fieber said...

What about me haha. I love you! I am so greatful for all that you do.

tress fieber said...

love,love,love the post and the picture are the greatest! nice job.beautiful family.

.

Che Guvera said...

Thanks for sharing what we usually take for granted in our lives..lovely post Jamie!