Us

Us

Sunday, January 26, 2014

A Grateful Heart

As I was scrolling through my Facebook feed today, I saw a link to an article about a little 3 year old boy that was killed in a car crash last night.  My heart aches for that family and causes me to feel a deep sense of gratitude that my little ones went relatively unscathed in our accident last week.

 I'm grateful for…

  • the 5 AM snuggles when we just don't want to sleep in our own bed. 
  • the "I'm hungry mom" right before meal times.
  • the giggles and squeals when they're playing together.
  • the "Mommy your home!" shouts when I get home from teaching.
  • the tugs on my pant legs while I'm getting ready in the bathroom.
  • the sprints to keep Noah from hurting himself across the room.
  • the "I'm sorry mom" and sweet I love you's from my two year old.
  • the tupperware strewn all over the kitchen floor.
  • the messes that are made when I get "help" making something.
  • the adorable smiles when I get them up in the morning or from naps.
  • the toys that I can never seem to stay on top of.
  • the food that can constantly be found on the floor by the kitchen table.
  • the screaming when I leave the room or get out of sight.
  • the sound of "crashing" from cars, trucks, trains and tractors.
  • the crying when they wake up from naps.
  • the excitement when we get him from nursery and the crying when we leave.
  • the mound of poopy diapers that my children produce.
  • the splashes during bath time.
  • the sticky table tops.
  • the stroke of little hands caressing my face.  
  • the crumbs all over my couches at the end of the day.
  • all of these things because they mean I still get to see them in the morning.


I realize that some of the things that I find annoying or tedious are such precious memories in my heart. Future memories could be taken away in a moment and I'm grateful for the memories of my children that I have and for one more day to be with them.  I'm grateful it's not my time to say goodbye for a time and that I get to hug and kiss them tonight before bed.  Even through the crazy times and when it feels like I'm at my whits end, I wouldn't trade them for anything!  

6 comments:

Pauly said...

Lovely post jamie. Knowing your babies are yours and safe is such a gift.

Aleesha Burke said...

Loved it! Been wanting to check in and see how you are doing! Love you guys!

Adam Fieber said...

What about me haha. I love you! I am so greatful for all that you do.

tress fieber said...

love,love,love the post and the picture are the greatest! nice job.beautiful family.

.

Che Guvera said...

Thanks for sharing what we usually take for granted in our lives..lovely post Jamie!

El hedonista maldito said...

Hola Adam!
No hablo inglés, lo siento. He pinchado en "siguiente blog" desde mi blog y ha aparecido el tuyo. Me ha parecido una buena idea saludarte, aunque sea sólo por eso. Tienes una bonita familia. Mis congratulaciones.
Mi blog (en español):
acto-poetico.blogspot.com