Thursday, January 31, 2013

36 Weeks and too close:)

There is nothing like thinking that your water has broke at 36 weeks and having the nurse tell you to go into Labor and Delivery to get checked out.  You realize all of the things that you haven't done, like take a picture of you pregnant, so here was what he hoped wouldn't be our last picture before having this baby boy.  I was at school and had felt a trickle and wetness for about two hours after lunch.  I asked the office ladies if any of them had ever had their water break and they told me I should probably call the nurse.  I called the doctor's office during afternoon recess and told them what was up.  The nurse told me that she thought my water must have broken and that would explain the trickle and wetness.  I asked her what I should do and she told me to go to Labor and Delivery.  I asked her if I could wait until school was over in an hour and a half and she told me "No.  Go to Labor and Delivery right now."  I went to the office and let them know and then began scrambling to get things organized for the sub that they were going to call.  I kept thinking, "This can't be happening... did my water really break or did my bladder just lose control?"
I met Adam at the house and we headed down to the hospital.  They did a couple of tests and monitored for contractions.  I told the nurse that I really just wanted to go home and not have a baby today because there were too many things I needed to get done before he came.  She told me that she would do her best, but if my water had broken, I would be having that baby today.  One test came back questionable so they did another test.  I was having my normal Braxton Hicks contractions and was grateful that nothing appeared to be getting more serious.  She came back in about 5 minutes later and told us that the test came back negative!  What a relief, but quite embarrassing.  I really didn't want to seem like one of those pregnant ladies that think they're going into labor all the time.  The main reason I went to L&D was because the nurses told me that if my water had broken my risk for infection was greatly increased and I figured that being embarrassed was better than saving face and possibly complicating things with the baby.
This pregnancy has definitely been different from the first and this was my second trip to L&D in the past three weeks.  Three weeks ago I was rear ended on my way home from work and that sent me into false labor for about 5 hours at the hospital.  This kid just needs to stay comfy for the next few weeks while I play catch up with house cleaning and sub plans:).  Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about meeting this new little boy, but I can definitely wait another four weeks!


Linds said...

Glad everything's ok. Don't worry everything will work out.

Brooke Jones said...

Andrew just told me your water broke today at school and so I decided to see if I could find you on Facebook and that lead me here. I knew it was early and so hoped everything was OK. Hang in there!

brooke said...

Oh that silly little boy!! He's just trying to keep you guys on your toes I guess. But the third time's the charm right?? Next time it had better be for real! (And not for a while...) It could have happened to anybody though. I have an acquaintance whose water broke, and she was adamant about having an at-home birth, but the baby didn't come for three days!! Scary!! So it's really good that you got checked out, and I'm glad everything worked out.

Janet Stevens said...

Glad everything turned out okay. Looking forward to hearing about the little guy when he does make his arrival. Lots of love your way!

عبده العمراوى said...

شركة نقل اثاث بالدمام