Us

Us

Monday, June 7, 2010

Things not meant to be

Six weeks ago I took a pregnancy test and it was positive. Adam and I were so excited and hopeful for a new addition to our family (not in the form of a dog:). We made our appointment for June to have my 10 week ultrasound and listen to the heart beat. Everything seemed to be going well. We went to our appointment today and found out that the baby stopped growing around 6 weeks and that there was no heart beat. They were hard words to take in, but that is what happened. I realize that there was nothing I could have done to change things and it's just something I need to learn to deal with. I'm doing okay. It's hard to let go of the dreams and aspirations we had but it was not meant to be right now. Thank you to my wonderful friends and family for support, hugs and love:) Adam is such a sweet heart to me as well. I'm so grateful to have such a wonderful companion! I know that most people wouldn't blog about this kind of thing but it's kind of a therapeutic:) The Lord loves us and I know it'll happen when its meant to.

11 comments:

Courtney said...

I am so sorry to hear that. I had no idea. At least you have a good attitude about it and realize sometimes things don't happen as we wish. I went through the same thing sorta- I had an ectopic pregnancy which I almost died from because we didn't know... and of course lost the baby. And now I have 2 beautiful girls. So your right it wasn't meant to be, but it will still happen and when it does I will be so happy for you!!!!!!!!

So Many M's said...

Oh Jamie, I am sooo sorry. I wish there was something I could say or do to make you feel better. Just know that even though some may think it's weird to post something like that, for you yes it's theraputic, but also you now have the support of so many other people now to help you through it. I tell people all of the time, it's better to tell people when you are pregnant and have a miscarriage with all of the support in the world than tell no one,an have no one know no support. Keep the faith girl, you are amazing.

Chels's Blog said...

I am so sorry to hear that Jamie. That would be so hard. If there is anything I can do just let me know.

Pauly said...

Jamie,
HUGS!!! wish I could say something to make it better. Loves.

Linds said...

Oh Jamie, I'm so sorry. Paula's right there's nothing we can say to make you feel better. You are such a faithful person I know you will get through this.

The Brannon Family said...

Jamie, been thinking about you and Adam all day. You are going to be a great mom and it will happen for you. Don't let go of the dreams and aspirations! Just be patient. Easier said than done, I know.

You are loved, so very very loved!

Janet Stevens said...

Oh Jamie, I'm so sorry. Know we all love you out here in Maryland. We're sending our prayers and thoughts your way.

Becky Ahlberg said...

So sorry Jamie! You and Adam are in our thoughts and prayers. Love you!

Katy said...

I'm so sorry Jamie!!

Sharon said...

Jamie, I'm so sorry!

Camie and JD said...

Jamie, I feel like a bad friend. I was just wondering the other day if you were because you had told me that you wanted to start to try! I love you and want to see you soon, lets plan a date night, when is good for you guys?